8 Problems you face when your job is picking seaweedTuesday 23rd June 2015
1. You will lose at least one mobile phone to a rock pool. There are a lot of crabs out there with some pretty high tech communication technology.
2. If you're a girl, forget delicate talons, long nails are not achievable.
3. You think you're invincible but your tendency to slip on gut weed never subsides.
4. You often find yourself surrounded by the tide and sigh before attempting to scramble and wade your way up the beach.
5. You start talking to barnacles like they're your friends.
6. A bad back is the norm.
7. Old people love to stop and educate you about seaweed.
8. Young people love to stop and tell you about the time they tried Laverbread when they were on holiday ‘down the Gower’.
Despite these niggles, it is so worth it when you consider you get to spend hours on end in peace, breathing in the sea air with the sun on your skin. And as an added bonus, all of your friends are jealous of your effortless salty beach-look hair.
by Dock Rock