Christmas Stuffing X
Oh yes, the laver again working beautifully with the citrus ingredients add the salty Pancetta and hazelnuts makes this stuffing simply divine.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Dice and fry the pancetta until crispy and place into a large mixing bowl.
- In the same pan add the butter, onions, garlic and laver and cook slowly for around 10 mins.
- Mix together the pancetta, onion mix, orange/lemon zest, breadcrumbs, sage, nuts and season to perfection.
- Beat an egg and mix it in with the mixture, this should be enough for the mixture to bind together when shaped.
- Place into Turkey or make into round balls onto a hot oiled roasting tray and cook until golden and crispy (approx 20 mins)
- Pancetta 150g
- Butter 75g
- 2 Red Onions
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- Orange Zest from 1 Orange
- Lemon Zest from 1/2 a lemon
- Welshman's Caviar 2 tbsp
- Handful of Sage
- Handful of Hazelnuts
- 1 Free Range Egg
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper