Paella with Mermaid Confetti
A fantastic dish for guests preferably cooked on a driftwood fire on a beach while the sun is setting. But just as good at home with happy friends and family.
- Cook the chicken in a paella pan, set aside.
- Slice the peppers & the Chorizo, fry these in the same pan and set aside.
- Peel and slice off the ends of the garlic bulb. This goes in the pan and stays there for the duration of cooking.
- In go the onion and tomatoes. Cook these really slowly for a long time until they have reduced and become a rich dark red colour.
- Mix the rice, spices and mermaid confetti in your tomato mixture and spread it out evenly in the pan.
- Pop the chicken and chorizo on top along with the prawns, squid and mussels. Pour in the stock.
- Place your sliced cooked peppers on top too in sun burst patterns then cover the whole thing with foil.
- Leave to simmer for 30 minutes. Add more stock if the rice is not cooked after this point but do not stir.
- The paella is ready to serve when the rice is soft and the chicken and seafood is cooked through.
- 1kg Paella rice
- 3lt Chicken stock
- 250g Squid
- 500g Prawns
- 500g Mussels
- 8 Chicken thighs
- 1 Chorizo sausage
- Olive oil
- 1 of each Red, Yellow and Green Peppers
- 1 Grated onion
- 1 Bulb of garlic
- 2 tins of tomatoes
- A pinch of saffron
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Mermaid Confetti