Traditional Welsh Breakfast with Welshman’s Caviar
I love a good breakfast and this one has to be up there as one of the best, thick Pembrokeshire Bacon, laverbread with oats and lovely fried egg topped with Welshman’s Caviar. To really celebrate Wales then a handful of cockles cooked in Welsh Sea Black Butter would be a great addition! For the taste buds then I would also add a hash brown (though not Welsh but very lovely) and some thick toasted bread, oh and ketchup!
- Heat a non stick frying pan over a medium heat and then place you bacon in the pan
- 2. While the bacon is heating up, mix the laverbread and oats into a bowl and season with salt and white pepper to taste until it combines all together
- Once the bacon is sizzling away and the bacon fat starts releasing its juices add the laverbread mix with a tablespoon and flatten gently into the frying pan until you get your desired thickness.
- Continue cooking until bacon and laverbread cake is crispy then add the egg and add the Welshman’s Caviar on top of the raw egg, gently cook until ready.
- Serve with orange juice and tea
- Enjoy a lovely start to the day
- 3 thick strips of Welsh Bacon
- 2 tbsp of Laverbread
- 2 tbsp of oats
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of Welshman’s Caviar