Welshman's Caviar Patty
Laverbread Patty - The Welshman's Caviar Way
- Firstly place the Welshman's Caviar into a saucepan and add enough water to cover the seaweed, bring to boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- While your bacon is frying mix the porridge oats in with the Welshman's Caviar, leave the oatmeal to soak up the moisture. You want to get the right consistency here so add more water if the mixture is too dry or more oatmeal if the mixture is to wet.
- Then make little laverbread cakes and put it in the frying pan to fry with the bacon. I usually make my cakes pretty thin so they get very crispy.
- Fry your bacon to get the bacon juices flowing (add a little butter to get more juices)
- Once both sides are crispy and lovely, serve and enjoy