Welshman's Caviar Scones with Welsh Sea Black Butter
Very lovely indeed!
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Pinch of Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Welshman's Caviar
- 55g Welsh Salted Butter
- 100g Cheddar cheese grated
- 90ml of milk
- Extra grated cheese and seaweed for sprinkles
- 1. Preheat oven with the baking tray inside to 200C. In a large bowl sift together the flour, salt, paprika, baking powder and sprinkle in the seaweed.
- 2. Cut the butter into cubes, place in the bowl and then mix with your fingertips to make breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the grated cheese into the breadcrumb mixture and rub in until the cheese is evenly distributed.
- 3. Make a well in the centre of the mixture and pour in enough milk to give fairly soft but firm dough. Do not pour in all the milk at once as you may not need it all to get the right consistency.
- 4. Lightly flour a surface and roll out the dough to approximately 2cm thick. Cut out the scones with a medium cutter and then place on the hot oven tray. Glaze the tops with the extra milk and sprinkle a little cheese and seaweed on the top of each scone before putting in the oven.
- 5. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- 6. Best served with Welsh Sea Black Butter